Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, it's supposed to be Happy Hump Day but with Thanksgiving tomorrow and so many people off work one or more days this week, I didn't think we needed that mid-week boost.

Instead, my favorite all time Thanksgiving Day cartoons.  If you've been with me since last Thanksgiving, you may remember these.



Gotta love it.


And this one always gets me.


Okay, simple minds are tickled by simple things.


Adding this one (new this year).


But I think my best laugh this year came from the sweatshirt a friend was wearing last weekend.  A turkey carrying a picket sign that read: "EAT MORE PIZZA"

Okay, I guess that will do it for the turkeys.


A question for today, Black Friday - do you or don't you?  Personally, you couldn't pay me to fight the shopping crowds on Friday.  How about you? 

But I do have a busy day planned Friday so I'm giving myself the day off blogging.  Please come back and see me on Monday.

Groaner of the Day:  In keeping with the holiday, I offer these (really bad) riddles.

Why did the turkey cross the road?
It was the chicken's day off.

If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
Their age.

What are the feathers on a turkey's wings called?
Turkey feathers.

Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building?
Yes - a building can't jump at all.

How can you make a turkey float?
You need 2 scoops of ice cream, some root beer, and a turkey.

Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
The outside.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all.

18 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I try to avoid crowds whenever possible. It makes me all stabby, and no one wants to get stabbed right after turkey dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd gladly eat pizza on Thanksgiving!
Have a great holiday.

Jessica R. Patch said...

"If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
Their age."

This one was my favorite groaner! Loved the pics! Happy Thanksgiving!

Stacy McKitrick said...

No Black Friday for me. I've done some in the past - they weren't fun. Will probably be going to the movies instead. It's our plan - as long as we all agree on a flick!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Yay! Happy thanksgiving! And no black friday for me, though i may hit up halfpriced books to try and snag a giftcard

Dru said...

Happy Thanksgiving and on Black Friday I'll be in my house.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm from England so Black Friday means nothing to me apart from my honey reading 'Black Friday bargains' from the net to me that are priced in dollars and we can't buy anyway :-)

Hope the day is a great one!

LD Masterson said...

Maria - I don't know, sometimes I feel so bloated after Thankgiving dinner, getting stabbed might relieve some of the pressure. But stabbing people while shopping would probably be frowned on.

LD Masterson said...

Alex - Hope you get to have turkey and pizza and whatever else would make your Thanksgiving a great one.

LD Masterson said...

Jessica - Glad I gave you a laugh. That was actually my favorite of the riddles, too.

LD Masterson said...

Stacy - Hope you guys agree on a movie and it turns out to be a good one.

LD Masterson said...

Sarah A. - Not sure I'd even try the book store on that day. Good luck snagging that gift card.

LD Masterson said...

Dru - Sounds like a good place to be.

LD Masterson said...

Sarah P - I think you Brits are saner than us on this one.

Arlee Bird said...

Fun stuff. And I've been eating stuffing every day since Thursday, which is fine with me because I love that stuff.

No Black Friday for me. In fact, no shopping for me this year at all unless I get a big cash windfall.

Happy Holidays to you!


Lee
Enjoy my delightful interview with Susan Kane on
Wrote By Rote Saturday 11/26

Sarah Allen said...

That last one especially cracked me up :) Thanks for the smiles!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

LD Masterson said...

Lee - Getting back to these comments a little late. Hope by now you've have you fill of leftover turkey and gone back to pizza.

LD Masterson said...

Sarah - Glad to give you a giggle.