Monday, September 5, 2011

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Happy Labor Day.  A day we celebrate by not working.

Someone evidently explained this to my monitor because it decided to take the day off. 

Nope - worse than that.  I think it's dead. *lowers head in sorrow*

I've dug out a spare, but, as I try to use it, I remember why I replaced it.  A trip to the store is in order.

Please come back tomorrow for my slightly delayed Monday post.  And your daily groaner, of course.

Thanks.

6 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Holy cow! This happened to me yesterday, but I resurrected it.

This may or may not work for you. Mine died when I had a power failure. I have a surge protector on my computer. Everything came back on when I flipped the switch except the monitor.

I unplugged and plugged the monitor cord from the hard drive first. Nada.

Then I unplugged the power supply from the hard drive and plugged it back in.

Voila! The monitor came back up. I hope it works for you. Crossing fingers.

LD Masterson said...

Good suggestions but afraid not in this case. The silly thing has been acting up for a while so I wasn’t too surprised. But I took it off my computer and tested it on my son’s laptop and it’s pretty much gone. Hey, I’ve been wanting a bigger one anyway. I was just waiting for a good sale.

Mary Curry said...

Good luck with the monitor. I hope it was just taking a well-deserved rest.

Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. I'll try to be better.

Angelina Rain said...

Oh no, that sucks. Hope you could get a new one for a great deal. I hope those back to school sales are still going on.

LD Masterson said...

Mary, no problem. I just didn't want you to lose me. (I lost a lot of follower when I changed names.)

Good luck with the new school year.

LD Masterson said...

Angelina - I was really hoping to wait until after the back to school sales. They're all pushing laptops. But these things never happen when you want them to.