Friday, August 26, 2011

Live from Killer Nashville

Is my face red?  No, I'm not embarrassed, I drove to Nashville yesterday with the top down and didn't realize how much sun I was getting.  So people here may remember me as LD Masterson, as Linda Leszczuk, or as Linda the Lobster. (Ouch)

We had a fun mixer last evening playing mystery trivia.  Our team came in last but I loved our consolation prize - a box of band-aids that look like crime scene tape. Then I went out for a bite to eat with some new friends.

Registration is this morning so I'll have more to tell you about the conference on Monday.  I'll try to get caught up on comments on your blogs then, too.  Have a great weekend.

And just to hold you over, here's your...

Groaner of the Day:  A man is out walking on a warm day along the edge of a remote pond. He is on the bank enjoying the view when he suddenly loses his footing and falls into the pond. The water is not deep but he does have to struggle to make it safely back to shore. He climbs out, dripping wet, and notices that his wallet is not in his pocket.

As he ponders the pond, wondering whether he should jump back in and search for his wallet, lo, what wonders appear! As he is looking at the surface of the water, he sees a school of large carp chasing something around.

One carp emerges at water surface and what does he have in its mouth but the guy's wallet! Suddenly another carp appears at the surface and the first carp flips the wallet to the second carp who catches it in his mouth. Then a third fish appears and on and on it goes.

After watching amazed for several hours, he decided to report this strange behaviour to the experts, but they told him it was a well known phenomenon - it is known as carp-to-carp walleting

10 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

And that'll teach you to wear sunscreen. Hope you don't burn to badly.

Have fun. Looking forward to hearing what you learned.

Anonymous said...

I know I shouldn't laugh at people who get sunburned, but sometimes its so darn funny. I burn easily, so maybe that's why I snicker when I see someone red as a lobster.

Unknown said...

Can you carp without a wallet?

LD Masterson said...

Maria - You know, you really don't feel the sum when you got the wind going at 70 mph. But when the ride's over...

LD Masterson said...

Kay - *grin*

LD Masterson said...

Stephen - That's okay, it is kinda funny. Also, not to bright on my part.

Unknown said...

My ex-step father is a read head and they burn like a bugger. Husband has the same skin type too. You have to be sooooo careful now a days. I hope your not in too much agoney.

Karin said...

Ok, I had to say the punch line over a couple of times before I got it! Am I slowing down?

Have a great time--I am looking forward to your trip report.

Karin

LD Masterson said...

Darke - Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm doing much better now. But it looks like my nose is starting to peel. So attractive.

LD Masterson said...

Karin - I have to say them aloud sometimes before I get it.

My trip report is a bit late but it's coming.

(Yeah, I know, so's Christmas.)